We routinely advise massage therapists and all other licensed health professionals with whom we have a legal consultation:
- Do NOT speak with any Department of Health (DOH) investigator until you have talked to an experienced health law attorney.
- Do not make any written statement or respond to any letters from the DOH until you have talked to an experienced health attorney.
3. Read everything you receive and be sure to file election of rights (EOR) statements by the deadline, but only after consulting with an experienced health lawyer.
4. You should not attempt to defend yourself without an attorney.
5. Attempting to talk your way out of the situation or explain your side of it will only hurt you.
6. Many types of massage therapist insurance.